Anohito – The One
- Wednesday, May 25, 20:00 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan 2015, Blu-ray, 87 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Ichiro YAMAMOTO
- Script: Unknown (Thought to be Sakunosuke ODA in 1944)
- Production: Shochiku Studio Co., Ltd.
- Camera: Yasushi SASAKIBARA
- World sales: Ichiro YAMAMOTO
- Cast: Hidenori ONO, Tomoko TABATA, Hiroshi KAMBE, Tottemo Benri Theatre Company
- German premiere in the presence of director Ichiro YAMAMOTO, assistant director Ayaka KOTERA and actor Kazuaki TAI
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
Four young soldiers raise the orphaned son of their commanding officer. As they each decide to go working in munitions factories, it is up to four women to take care of the boy as they wait for the men to return. Based on a script from 1944 and shot in long black-and-white takes, ANOHITO takes place in a strange present where the war still rages on.
Ichiro YAMAMOTO, born in Osaka in 1963, has been a producer and scriptwriter for Shochiku for more than 20 years. He has worked with such renowned filmmakers as Yoji YAMADA, Nagisa OSHIMA, Hou Hsiao-hsien, or Seijun SUZUKI. ANOHITO is his feature film debut as a director.
2002 The Twilight Samurai (Taso- gare Seibei / NC ’09); 2003 Café Lumière (Kohi jiko); 2004 Quill / The Hidden Blade (Kakushi-ken oni no tsume); 2006 Love and Honor (Bushi no ichibun); 2010 About Her Brother (Ototo) / Kyoto Story (Kyoto uzumasa monogatari)