- Wednesday, May 25, 19:30 Mousonturm Saal
Creepy itsuwarI no rinjin
- Japan 2016, DCP, 130 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Kiyoshi KUROSAWA
- Script: Kiyoshi KUROSAWA, Chihiro IKEDA based on a novel by Yutaka MAEKAWA
- Camera: Akiko ASHIZAWA
- Production & World sales: Shochiku
- Cast: Hidetoshi NISHIJIMA, Yuko TAKEUCHI, Teruyuki KAGAWA, Haruna KAWAGUCHI, Masahiro HIGASHIDE
After a tragic incident, former detective Takakura has changed careers and now works as a university professor. His quiet life is disrupted when a former colleague asks for help in an unsolved case. Soon afterwards, strange things begin to happen in his neighborhood. This year's NIPPON HONOR AWARD winner Kiyoshi KUROSAWA takes the audience on a nailbiting journey into the heart of darkness.
Kiyoshi KUROSAWA, born in Kobe in 1955, started his career as an assistant director for Shinji SOMAI, among others. His international breakthrough came with CURE (1997). He received the Prix Un Certain Regard in Cannes twice: for TOKYO SONATA in 2008 and for JOURNEY TO THE SHORE in 2015. He has been teaching at the Tokyo University of the Arts since 2005.
1983 Kandagawa Wars (Kandagawa inran senso); 1989 Sweet Home; 1997 Cure; 1999 Charisma; 2001 Pulse (Kairo); 2003 Bright Future; 2005 Loft (NC ’06); 2008 Tokyo Sonata (NC ’09); 2012 Penance (Shokuzai / NC ’13); 2013 Real