- Wednesday, May 25, 17:30 Mal Seh'n Kino
- Sunday, May 29, 14:15 Mousonturm Saal
- Japan 2015, DCP, 120 min, Japanese with English subtitles, FSK 16
- Director: Takashi NAKAMURA & Michael Arias
- Script: Koji YAMAMOTO based on a novel by Project Itoh
- Production: STUDIO4°C
- CGI Director: Masaru MATSUMOTO
- Musik: Tetsuya TAKAHASHI
- Distribution: AV Visionen
- Voice cast: Miyuki SAWASHIRO, Reina UEDA, Aya SUZAKI, Yoshiko SAKAKIBARA
- German premiere in the presence of the director Michael Arias on May 29
In the not so distant future, young Kirie travels around the globe, working for a WHO medical care program. When an infiltration of the corresponding surveillance system triggers a suicide wave, Kirie must face the ghosts of her past. Breathtakingly animated and based on the award-winning novel by Project Itoh, HARMONY tells a gripping story of power structures, friendship, and the meaning of life.
Takashi NAKAMURA, born in Yamanashi in 1955, started his career at Tatsunoko Production at the age of 16. He then worked on several film and TV-related animated productions. He became famous as the animation director of the international anime hit AKIRA (1988). Michael Arias was born in California in 1968 and has been living in Japan for 25 years. He was the first foreign filmmaker to direct a Japanese anime with TEKKONKINKREET (2006), which became a huge international success.
Takashi NAKAMURA: 1988 Akira (Animations-Director); 2002 A Tree of Palme (Parumu no ki / Director); Michael Arias: 2006 Tekkonkinkreet (NC ’07) / 2009 Heaven’s Door (NC ’10)
Presented by Kazé