Pink and Gray
- Wednesday, May 25, 16:45 Mousonturm Saal
- Thursday, May 26, 20:00 Mal Seh'n Kino
Pinku to gure
- Japan 2015, HDcam, 119 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Isao YUKISADA
- Script: Ryuta HORAI, Isao YUKISADA based on a novel by Shigeaki KATO
- Production: Kadokawa, Asmik Ace, J Storm
- Camera: Takahiro IMAI World sales: Kadokawa
- Cast: Yuto NAKAJIMA, Masaki SUDA, Kaho, Yuya YAGIRA
- European premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Daiki's best friend Rengo left six different notes before committing suicide in his luxury apartment. Now Daiki has to decide which one to publish, even though they lost contact after Rengo had become a movie star. Or did they? Prepare for an unusual twist and great acting by real life popidol Yuto NAKAJIMA in this glossy schizophrenic drama about life and death in show business.
Isao YUKISADA was born in Kumamoto Prefecture in 1968. He attended Toho Gakuen Film Techniques College and was an assistant director for Shunji IWAI, among others. His second feature film SUNFLOWER (2000) won the prestigious FIPRESCI award at the 5th Busan International Film Festival. YUKISADA has been nominated twice for a Japan Academy Prize as Best Director.
1998 Open House; 2000 Sunflower (Himawari); 2001 Go; 2004 Crying Out Love, in the Center of the World (Sekai no chushin de, ai o sakebu / NC ’05); 2010 Parade; 2013 Before the Vigil (Tsuya no yoru); 2014 The Round Table (Entaku kokko, hitonatsu no imagin / NC ’15)