- Saturday, May 28, 15:30 Mousonturm Studio 1
- International Co-Production – New Pathways in the Japanese Film Industry
- Panel discussion in English
- Duration: approx. 2 hours
- Free admission
- Participants: Kenta FUDESAKA (UNIJAPAN), Stephan Holl (Rapid Eye Movies), Takako MIYAHIRA (producer KATABUI), Dr. Alexander Zahlten (Harvard University)
The clichéd picture paints Japan as a nation that is suspicious of any influence from the outside. Looking at the film production system, this stereotype actually seems to be true. While international co-production is becoming the norm, Japan remains rather secluded. But there is some evidence of a change. What can we expect from a Japanese film industry that is more open to international investors?