- Thursday, May 26, 19:45 Mousonturm Saal
- Friday, May 27, 17:30 Mal Seh'n Kino
- 俳優 亀岡拓次
Haiyu kameoka takeji
- Japan 2015, DCP, 123 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 12 or older
- Director: Satoko YOKOHAMA
- Script: Satoko YOKOHAMA based on a novel by Akito INUI
- Production: DJANGO-FIL
- Camera: Yoichi KAMAKARI
- World sales: Nikkatsu
- Cast: Ken YASUDA, Kumiko ASO, Shohei UNO, Hirofumi ARAI, Shota SOMETANI
- German premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Nobody drops dead like Takuji, the king of supporting actors in Japanese cinema. But his life as an actor is far from glamorous. Meeting Azumi, the charming daughter of an innkeeper, motivates him to think about a new start. With its deadpan humor and surreal dream sequences, this film constituted one of the highlights of last year’s Tokyo International Film Festival.
Satoko YOKOHAMA was born in Aomori in 1978 and graduated from the Film School of Tokyo in 2004. She gathered much attention for her debut feature film GERMAN + RAIN (2007). Her followup BARE ESSENCE OF LIFE (2009) was also well received and selected for many international film festivals.
2007 German + Rain (German + Ame / NC ’07); 2009 Bare Essence of Life: Ultra Miracle Love Story (NC ’10)