The Empire of Corpses
- Friday, May 27, 12:00 Mousonturm Saal
- Saturay, May 28, 22:45 Mal Seh'n Kino
Shisha no teikoku
- Japan 2015, DCP, 120 min, Japanese with English subtitles, FSK 16
- Director: Ryotaro MAKIHARA
- Script: Hiroshi SEKO, Midori GOTO, Koji YAMAMOTO nach einem Roman by Project Itoh und Toh ENJOE
- Production: WIT STUDIO
- Distribution: AV Visionen
- Voice cast: Yoshimasa HOSOYA, Ayumu MURASE, Taiten KUSUNOKI, Kana HANAZAWA, Shinichiro MIKI
- German premiere
100 years after Victor Frankenstein reanimated a dead body, a medical student named John Watson tries to replicate his experiments, but fails to give the undead a soul. By order of Her Majesty, he sets out to seek the original notes written by Frankenstein himself, which contain the secret to immortality. The fast-paced adventure-animation is adapted from a novel of late writer Project Itoh.
Ryotaro MAKIHARA, born in Aichi in 1980, attended Yoyogi Animation School. He worked as a key animator for cinematic versions of DORAEMON and CRAYON SHIN-CHAN, for the TV series ATTACK ON TITAN, and for the animated features COLORFUL and SUMMER WARS. In 2013 he made his directorial debut with HAL.
Presented by Kazé