Three Stories of Love
- Saturday, May 28, 17:00 Mousonturm Saal
- Japan 2015, Blu-ray, 140 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 12 or older
- Director & Script: Ryosuke HASHIGUCHI
- Camera: Shogo UENO
- Production & World sales: Shochiku Broadcasting, Arc Films
- Cast: Atsushi SHINOHARA, Toko NARUSHIMA, Ryo IKEDA, Ken MITSUISHI, Lily Franky
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Bridge inspector Atsushi is grieving for his wife, the victim of a cruel murder, housewife Toko is longing to escape her unsatisfying marriage, and gay lawyer Shinomiya fails to be as successful in his love life as he is in his job. For his deeply moving drama about the absence of love, Ryosuke HASHIGUCHI chose relatively unknown actors, who deliver their performances with passion and sensitivity.
Ryosuke HASHIGUCHI, born in Nagasaki Prefecture in 1962, made his first 8mm films while still in high school. After studying film in Osaka, he started working as a director of TV productions. He won the Grand Prize at PIA Film Festival in 1989 for his short film A SECRET EVENING. Since his successful feature film debut with A TOUCH OF FEVER (1992), his films have been constantly shown at international festivals like Cannes, Berlin, and Rotterdam.
1992 A Touch of Fever (Hatachi no binetsu); 1995 Like Grains of Sand (Nagisa no Sindbad); 2001 Hush! (NC ’02); 2008 All Around Us (Gururi no koto / NC ’09); Zentai (NC ’14)