The Birth of Saké
- Thursday, May 26, 19:30 Theater Die Käs
- USA 2015, Blu-ray, 94 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & Camera: Erik Shirai
- Production: Cebu Osani Creative, Imakoko Media
- World sales: The Film Sales Company
- Nippon Filmdinner
The Yoshida sake brewery can look back upon a family tradition of 144 years. But in the days of globalization, looking back is not enough. In his awardwinning documentary, Erik Shirai presents the national beverage of Japan not only as an economic product. He shows us the people who bring sake to life and lets us witness the miraculous transformation they effect through their work. For the screening, we serve a delicious bento box, apple wine, and sake.