Journey to the Shore
- Tuesday, May 24, 19:30 Mousonturm Saal
(with the presentation of the Nippon Honor Award)
- Thursday, May 26, 17:30 Mal Seh'n Kino
In the presence of the director
Kishibe no tabi
- Japan 2015, DCP, 128 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 12 or older
- Director: Kiyoshi KUROSAWA
- Script: Takashi UJITA, Kiyoshi KUROSAWA based on a novel by Kazumi YUMOTO
- Production: Amuse, WOWOW, Showgate, Pony Canyon, Hakuhodo, Office Shirous, Comme des Cinémas
- Camera: Akiko ASHIZAWA
- World sales: MK2
- Cast: Tadanobu ASANO, Eri FUKATSU, Yu AOI, Masao KOMATSU, Akira EMOTO
Yusuke vanished three years ago without a trace. Now he's back and asking his wife Mizuki to take a trip with him. The journey takes them both down an unexpected route. Master director and this year's NIPPON HONOR AWARD-recipient Kiyoshi KUROSAWA's drama is a gutwrenching meditation on loss, grief, and redemption.
Kiyoshi KUROSAWA, born in Kobe in 1955, started his career as an assistant director for Shinji SOMAI, among others. His international breakthrough came with CURE (1997). He received the Prix Un Certain Regard in Cannes twice: for TOKYO SONATA in 2008 and for JOURNEY TO THE SHORE in 2015. He has been teaching at the Tokyo University of the Arts since 2005.
1983 Kandagawa Wars (Kandagawa inran senso); 1989 Sweet Home; 1997 Cure; 1999 Charisma; 2001 Pulse (Kairo); 2003 Bright Future; 2005 Loft (NC ’06); 2008 Tokyo Sonata (NC ’09); 2012 Penance (Shokuzai / NC ’13); 2013 Real