Landscapes After 3/11
- Friday, May 27, 17:15 Naxoshalle Kino
- Nature and Its Manifestations: From Four Poems
Shizen to choko / Yottsu no shi kara
- Japan 2015, Blu-ray, 50 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director, camera, production & world sales: Takamasa IWASAKI
- German premiere in the presence of the director
The disaster of March 11, 2011 has deeply changed the lives of many people, as well as the landscapes in which those people lived. Numerous places have become ghost towns, and nature reconquers the space freed from human presence. Through the eyes of three fellow artists exploring the area around Fukushima, Takamasa IWASAKI presents a poetic chronic of life, death, and rebirth.
- Close but Distant
- Japan 2015, Blu-ray, 53 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director, Camera & World sales: Yui OKUBO
- Production: Revolving Lantern
- International premiere in the presence of the director
The town of Otsuchi in Iwate Prefecture suffered massive damage in the March 2011 tsunami. Documenting the reconstruction of his home town, Yui OKUBO seeks to preserve a piece of memory for his niece, who has no experience of her own of what the town looked like before its transformation.