- Thursday, May 26, 17:00 Mousonturm Saal
- Friday, May 27, 20:15 Mal Seh'n Kino
Gesu no ai
- Japan 2015, DCP, 110 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & Script: Eiji UCHIDA
- Camera: Kenji NOGUCHI
- Production & World sales: Third Window Films
- Cast: Kiyohiko SHIBUKAWA, Maya OKANO, Denden, Chika UCHIDA, Shugo OSHINARI
- German premiere in the presence of the leading actor Kiyohiko SHIBUKAWA the producer Adam Torel
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
As a young indie director, Tetsuo had one big hit – after many failures, he has turned into a cynical dickhead. One day, he meets Ken, a talented scriptwriter, and Hiromi, a promising actress. Can they help him make his breakthrough? Eiji UCHIDA’s biting satire depicts the film business as a perverted rat race. Outstanding acting performances bring his vision closer to the truth than you might wish.
Eiji UCHIDA was born in Brazil in 1971. In Japan, he began his career as a director of TV films and series before giving his cinema debut as a director and writer with GACHAPON (2004). His film GREATFUL DEAD (2013), which was screened at various festivals, brought him international recognition.
2004 Gachapon; 2008 Sisterhood (Chikyu de tatta futari) / Topless; 2011 Last Days of the World (Sekai saigo no hibi); 2013 Greatful Dead