- Tuesday, May 24, 22:45 Mousonturm Saal
- Sunday, May 29, 20:15 Mal Seh'n Kino
- ソレダケ / that’s it
Soredake / that’s it
- Japan 2015, DCP, 110 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Gakuryu ISHII
Script: Kiyotaka INAGAKI
- Production: Dragon Mountain
- Camera: Yoshiyuki MATSUMOTO
- World sales: King Records
- Cast: Shota SOMETANI, Erina MIZUNO, Kiyohiko SHIBUKAWA, Jun MURAKAMI, Go AYANO
- German premiere with a greeting by actor Kiyohiko SHIBUKAWA (only on May 24)
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Daikoku lives his life as if he were a ghost, driven by a desire for revenge. One day, a hard drive with explosive data falls into his hands, and he is drawn into the machinations of ruthless criminals. Finally, he is forced to come to terms with his past. Inspired by the music of Japanese punk rock band bloodthirsty butchers, Gakuryu ISHII presents an audiovisual firework – fast, relentless and loud!
Gakuryu (Sogo) ISHII was born in Fukuoka in 1957. His dystopian punk rock musical BURST CITY (1982) made him one of the precursors of the Japanese cyberpunk movement of the 1980s. Since then he has worked with renowned Japanese actors and international punk bands on numerous short and feature films. NIPPON CONNECTION dedicated a retrospective to his work in 2013.
1978 Panic High School (Koko dai panikku); 1980 Crazy Thunder Road (NC ’13); 1984 The Crazy Family (Gyakufunsha kazoku); 1995 August in the Water (Mizu no naka no hachigatsu / NC ’13); 2012 Isn’t Anyone Alive? (Ikiterumono wa inainoka / NC ’13)