- Thursday, May 26, 17:15 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan 2015, Blu-ray, 93 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Atsushi URABE
- Script: Atsushi URABE, Ikuma HORII
- Production: Manazashi Produ
- Camera: Ikuma HORII
- World sales: Cinema Avenue
- Cast: Toshie NEGISHI, Mitsuru YAMAZAKI, Takashi IRIE, Takuya MATSUNAGA, Manabu YAZAKI
- European premiere in the presence of director Atsushi URABE, producer/cinematographer Ikuma HORII, actor Takashi IRIE, actor Takuya MATSUNAGA and actress Inori IMAMURA
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
After a long prison sentence, Yoko’s father is released and placed in his daughter’s care, since no nursing home is willing to take him in. However, looking after her father every day gradually becomes a heavy burden for Yoko. Atsushi URABE presents this story in a challenging reductionist style. Here, looks convey more than words do – and they can convey a simple yet deeply humanistic message.
Born in Australia in 1981, Atsushi URABE entered the Japanese film industry as an assistant director and then started working at the News Report Department of a TV station. After leaving the company, he became a freelance director. In 2010 he directed his first feature film SCOPE. THE LOOK is his second feature film.