The Man Who Was Eaten
- Wednesday, May 25, 22:15 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan 2016, Blu-ray, 100 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Keisuke KONDO
- Production: Yamaton Production
- Camera: Ryota CHIDA
- World sales: Europe Kikaku
- Cast: Chikara HONDA, Riku TOKIMITSU, Haruka NAKANO, Hito:michan, Masashi OMURO
- International premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
2035: After an alien invasion, peace prevails on earth. But there is one catch: humans are routinely selected to serve as the invaders’ next dish. One day this lot falls on Yoshio, a lonesome middle aged man without any lust for life. Facing his inevitable death, Yoshio tries to undo all his mistakes in his last week on earth.
Born in Osaka in 1993, Keisuke KONDO entered the film department of the Osaka University of Arts in 2011. With the film WHY DID KOMURA CRY? he and two fellow students won the Grand Prix at the Kyoto International Student Film & Video Festival in 2014. He graduated with his 2015 short film APOLO.
2014 Why Did Komura Cry? (Komura wa naze, magao de namida o nagashita no ka?)
- Supporting film: HIMIKO THE GODSLAYER VS. THE DAEMON LEGION OF AZURE DRAGONS
- by Hikaru TSUKUDA, Japan 2015, 5 min, Japanese with English subtitles